CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 04, 2006

That's Ridiculous!

So I finally got the phonecall I was waiting for yesterday. Only, it wasn't so much what I was expecting.

Here's what I WAS expecting:
CBE lady: "Hi Karyn, I'm calling to let you know we've finished your consideration process for the position at Christine Miekle School, and I'm happy to tell you that you've been accepted and deemed hirable by the Calgary Board of Education."
Me: YAY! "Thank you so much! What are the specifics, and how to I go forward from here in the process?"
CBE lady: "We'll have the school contact you with further information. Thank you for your time at the interview, and good luck in your new position."
Me: "Thanks again! Bye!"
CBE lady: "Have a great day, bye!"

Here's what ACTUALLY happened:
CBE lady: "Hi, this message is for Karyn Clemens. Karyn, I'm calling to tell you that we're having some trouble with your 3 current business references. Could you please return my call as soon as you can, and provide me with two more references? Thanks, I'll talk to you soon."
Me: What the HECK!!?? No wonder it's been a whole freakin' week!!
Me: "Hi, I'm returning your call regarding my references. So what happened that you weren't able to get the initial references?"
CBE lady: "Well, the notes here say that (blank) from HandiBus says it's against company policy to give out job references. She can, however, confirm employment. Since two of your business references were from HandiBus and we can't use them, is there anyone else you could suggest?"
Me: "Sure, the fourth reference I had given to you at the interview should be able to provide a good reference for me. I think she'd be home now for you to contact."
CBE lady: "How about Robert Van Norman...who is he" (I must've given her two separate reference sheets!)
Me: "Oh, sure, he's my pastor!"
CBE lady: "That's great, perfect. Is the number here his home number or work number?"
Me: "Work, here is his home number..."
CBE lady: "Thank you so much, and again, I'm sorry for the delay."
Me: (through gritted teeth) "Sure, no problem."
CBE lady: "I'll get back to you soon."
Me: "Alright, bye!"
CBE lady: "Goodbye"

GOSH! What the heck is up with HandiBus not giving out references??? Anyway, I think someone's neck will be wrung at work on Monday. This has cost me precious time that I could have been at a new job, actually enjoying myself! Then I got a phonecall later (I guess while I was on the phone with Duane that night) from the CBE saying that the home number I had given her for my pastor was not the right number!! AAARRRGGHH!!! I have two church directories, and one has the right number, and one has the wrong number...and I had given her the wrong number! By the time I got her message, it was past closing time, and she was gone from the office for the weekend. I left a message on her confidential voicemail, so hopefully on Monday she'll get that, and have a chance to call Pastor Rob for a positive reference. This has been SO super frustrating...especially waiting for the call, when I had thought the interview was merely a formality that would be dealt with quickly and have offered me the new position within a couple days. Not so. The stress was added to this week by many different situations going on at HandiBus and having not received the call from the CBE. Thank goodness I at least know what is going on now, and can breathe. I know God knows what's best, but does He have to take so long?? ;) I think I've handled it well, but it's been frustrating, that's for sure.
So we'll see what comes of this next week.

~K~

0 comments: