CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 23, 2007

Update from Montana...Day ONE

Hello faithful blog readers! It's a beautiful Monday morning and I'm currently in Great Falls as part of my installation/trade show trip here in Montana. Yesterday I drove from Calgary to Great Falls as part one of my two-stage trip to Rosebud County (east of Billings).

What were the highlights of yesterday you ask? Well, let me point them out below:

  • Got my rental car after church and I got stuck with a Dodge Caliber again. Talk about a terribly designed car. The lines are horrible and there are blind-spots galore. When I asked if they had something else she said my options were the Caliber and a 15-passenger van. I stuck with the Caliber! The interesting thing is the Caliber only had 217km on it so far so I'm driving a brand new car.
  • Stopped in Lethbridge for about 45 minutes and had the opportunity to go for a walk with Aaron and Megan. I love hanging out with those kids. There wasn't anything overly exciting about the visit, just nice to get out of the car.
  • Stopped a few times between Lethbridge and the USA border to snap a few pictures. I'm not sure what they look like but I'll try to get a look-see tonight.
  • Almost ran out of gas and had to make an emergency stop in Power, MT. Thank the Lord they had a gas bar that still allowed you to purchase fuel when it's closed on your credit card! Out of a possible 13.6 Gallon tank I put in 12! That officially makes the Caliber not that great on gas.
  • Great Falls is officially the mosquito capital of Montana already. As I pulled up to park they swarmed the car...hundreds of them! I had to strategically pack my stuff in the car so I would spend as little time in the open as possible!
Well, that's about it. On my way out to Colstrip, MT now and hopefully I'll be able to give an update when I'm there.

Duane. Over and out.

0 comments: