CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

I Blogged!!

This is probably the most ridiculous thing to post about, but based on the fact that I haven't blogged in quite some time, I figured anything would do :)

Here it is: I GOT TO HOLD A BRAND NEW BABY THIS MORNING!! I was in my freakin' glory, people! Honestly, not many of you would think this is blog-worthy, but at this point I pretty much don't care. I'm still grinning...and it was hours ago! And I suppose he's not really 'brand new' anymore, either...he was born on the 23rd of April...anyway....
Here's some background.
I met a couple almost a year ago(through bro-in-law Steve and his girlfriend, Karen), and they have two kids, and were pregnant with their third. Their oldest son happens to be a student at the school where I drop all my bus kids off(he has some minor special needs, but is pretty much a regular preschooler!). Being new to Calgary, they were glad to see me there most mornings while dropping him off and we'd exchange friendly hellos and such. One day, after I had informed them that I was leaving HandiBus for a number of random reasons, she asked me if I would consider taking care of her munchkins every day for her while she went back to work. Unfortunately for me, I already had another job lined up, so I couldn't work for her. I told her I was still available evenings and such, if she and her hubby needed a night out. There have been a couple times they've attempted to have me sit for them, and then things always fell through...like the last time, when she ended up in the hospital having her baby! Well, the other day I was asked to babysit for them tonight while they go out and have wings. They've just moved...in a city they don't really know...with three small children(one still pretty much newborn)...and they only know a few people, so I thought it'd be good for them to get out with their friends and away from the kiddies for a bit, and I was glad to do it. Unfortunately she'll be taking the baby with her(being that she's portable food for him!), but I get to look after the other two hooligans for a couple hours and I'm really actually looking forward to it! I get to work with kids all day long, but not really on a one-on-one basis, since we're all on a bus and everyone wants my attention at the same time! There's only one of me, so this will be much more fun...I think. I hope. Hmmm....should I re-think this?? Meh, if I'm gonna have kids one day, I guess I better get used to handling them on a different level than when they're all strapped into their seats on a bus! Eh? :)

~K~

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Yup, jealous of all the new baby holding going on! :)

Karen said...

And your not ready for a baby yet… hhmmmm… Aren’t they just great – doesn’t matter what kind of day you’ve had they can always make you smile (even at 9 months!).