CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 28, 2007

Goings On

Don't worry...I am alive.
Duane and I have been excessively busy in the last little while, so my posts have been lacking, yet again. Once family is gone and parties are over and the new year has come, I will attempt to post of all the goings on from Christmas and New Year.
Just so everyone is aware, and to those who only update themselves on my life through the blog...I have also been out with a sprained back for the last couple of weeks, so I've not done much other than laying around and missing work. Good timing, I suppose...being that from the 20th to the 7th I was supposed to be off work for Christmas break anyway! I've recently received (from the Dr.) my prescription to take myself to the physiotherapist. Yay. I've actually put it off because it was just before family arrived and Christmastime...so I think I'll book myself in, but my next Dr. appointment is on the 2nd anyway. Meh. I'm not sure what I'll do.
For New Years, our original plans were to head out with a bunch of friends and do a cross-country ski trip into the back country to stay at a remote cabin. Problem was that only 3 of our proposed group is trained in avalanche awareness, we didn't have a plan "B"(because the halfway cabin was fully booked), and brother Steve had skied it a few weeks back with his girlfriend and they skied to the halfway point cabin in the amount of time it was supposed to take to get to where we wanted to go..apparently it was pretty strenuous. Moreso than the website told us! We know that if Steve was pooped after it, it must've been tough! Oh, and then there was the small problem that I sprained my back and wouldn't be able to ski, let alone carry in my own gear on my back! Not likely.
I think the revised plan is to head up to Edmonton where there is some SNOW, and spend some quality time with Julie and Lowell. That should be super fun! Maybe Julie and I will be able to limbo...oh wait...I have a sprained back. Dang.
Well, the cinnamon buns are ready...better eat them while they're warm!!

~K~

0 comments: