CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 15, 2008

I'm Part of the Green Drop Mowing Crew!

I guess the title of this post says it all!
My interview on Friday morning produced a full time Spring/Summer job for me with Green Drop!(www.greendrop.ca)
I'm pretty stoked, as working outside is rather enjoyable in the summer :) I was at my interview for a grand total of about 10 minutes when he told me he was adding me to the "confirmed hire" list and that I would be working with their mowing crew, but will also be cross-trained as a lawn applicator(herbicides or pesticides or fertilizer or whatever!). He didn't even want references, which is nice! HandiBus, for whatever reason, does not give references! I think it's stupid but, in their defense, the office people don't work in close contact with their drivers and attendants. I do think they could at least confirm whether the employee shows up for work on time and whether they have or don't have complaints come in about them...things like that. Oh well. Not like it matters 'cause I'm outta there in 5 days! I am SO glad.
Life is looking up! My stress is decreasing daily, and I am starting to become my usual happy self again. I think :)

~K~

1 comments:

Lowell & Julie said...

Yeay- congratulations on the new job! That'll be nice to HAVE to be outside all spring/summer. Don't forget your SPF 30!!