CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 05, 2009

New Year's Eve 2008

What an original post title, eh? I know, I'm awesome and very creative. Our party was quite creative, though, thanks to the boys, AKA [6:8] Photography. You should check out their blog..they have pictures that nobody else has...and they're funny.
We had a small crowd, 18 of us when we were all there as opposed to the almost 40 we invited, and we actually were kinda mellow for the most part. I was okay with that though, even though I occasionally like a rowdy, rambunctious party! There were a few games played, snacks eaten, hot tub soaking, and baby passing. We had a young party-goer this year...little Miss R who is 7 months old...she even managed (quite begrudgingly) to stay up until midnight with us old folk! I did a mini photo shoot with her earlier in the day while mom and dad went for a x-country ski jaunt, and I'm happy with the way the photos turned out! I've even had a request to head to Abbotsford in the spring to shoot a friend's new baby! I don't know that that will happen, because it's a rather expensive trip to make for a photo shoot I don't want to charge her for! I might have to hone my skills in baby/child photography one day, and then I might be okay charging someone for my services.
Anyway...we had a crowd out in the hot tub and a crowd chilling inside when the fireworks hit, and then everyone pretty much headed to bed. I felt so old! But seriously, I was exhausted! I think I very well might have been peopled out before people even arrived, but we all survived midnight and rang in the new year together, which was wonderful.

Here are some pics from our mellow evening of partying!
Happy 2009!

Preparing the cold drinks in our outside refrigerator :)
Little Miss R enjoying the view...is she adorable, or what?
Aw, baby face!
Little fingers
Snuggling puppy
Look, I can sit on my own!
Happy baby!
Our snack tray
Playing a game of Balderdash...oh Mark. Leah's giving you the look, you know!
Behind the scenes of [6:8]Photography...Zoe & Quinn
Our rowdy crowd! :)
Nadja, who's here on exchange from Germany, and Miss R
Santa! Can you tell who the highlight of the night was? (at least with us girls)
The hot tub crowd at midnight...less the hot tubbing part for Matt!
The inside crowd watching the fireworks go off...which happened to interrupt a rousing game of Dutch Blitz...

Well, here's to another year gone. Welcome 2009....bring it on!

~K~

1 comments:

Vanessa said...

love your outdoor refrigerator! it's fantastic!