CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 06, 2009

Dad Demolishes!

During the days of nice weather, dad got to demolishing the front flower bed. He's been wanting to take it down since I got home, but we just weren't sure how to go about it or what he wanted the finished product to look like.

It's mostly done now...but there will need to be a few things done to make it look finished. Dad did all the breaking and tearing down while I stood and watched (and took pictures), and then I carried all the bits and pieces of brick to the other yard and transported the big stones to the other garden.

Here are a few pictures of the process. I haven't taken any of the (somewhat) finished product as the weather is slightly blech right now.

And, of course, KC joined us outside in the sun while she was over for a visit. Jody and Nigel's place wasn't exactly conducive to kitty cat living at that point.

*UPDATE*

Here are two pictures I took this morning of the current state of the front planter. Mom and dad are out right now to buy plants and standing planters.

This is the shoddy "wall" to hold in the rest of the planter that we're keeping up. Until dad becomes a bricklayer or a mason, I'm not sure what's going to happen with that. I have no skills to that end...anyone have any ideas? I can't let it stay like that forever...yikes!


~K~

0 comments: