CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 25, 2009

"it" got me

Maybe I was a little too sure of myself...cocky even. Maybe it was inevitable...me and my weak immune system. I don't know but whatever the case, "it" got me. That dang flu I was so sure I would avoid.
Now I'm stuck at home, in the basement, alone (except when my lovely mother graces me with her ever-bidding presence...love her!).
I shall not complain much because I know a few people who were hit harder with "it" than I...but nonetheless, it still sucks. So much so that I was in tears this morning. Maybe that has something to do with the "mom effect". Mom comes down to soothe and feed me medicine, and the faucet turns on...anyone else get that way when you're sick and mom is around? It reminds me of a child who, without mom around, is fine to run and play but as soon as mom or dad shows up, the tears start. Strange phenomenon. I don't know that I would've cried had she not come in, even though the constant coughing at 7:30 in the morning really was wreaking havoc on my weak and achy body. Mom, I'm not so sure that onion is working.
My bedroom is adorned with garlic and onions. Ah, home remedies.
My day-time area is adorned with warm beverages, vitamins, pills and cough syrup. It's oh so glamorous. I'm pretty sure I'm done with it all.


~K~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Karyn. You look disgustingly sick. Your face is all eyes. Maybe it's the mask. Get better soon. I'm feeling sorry for you. Nice that Mom is there to take good care of you.

Debbie

Karyn Clemens said...

Thanks Debbie :) ha ha! I sort of edited the picture to make the color a little sickly...but I certainly don't look great in the natural color either :)

~K~

Anonymous said...

Yay for Moms! Feel better soon... are you diving into some good books?