CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 03, 2010

A Family Visit

It's taken me awhile to get to this post, but here it is!
Almost a month ago, Duane and I headed up to Calgary for a week of wedding prep and family visits! Mom and Dad Clemens and Mike, Carol and Rachael were in town, along with MANY other family members. I also finally met some of Duane's aunts and uncles that I'd heard about, but had never met. It was a week of BBQs, get togethers, and fun family time. There was a lot going on and it did get a bit overwhelming sometimes, but I'm glad we were able to be there! Karen and Steve were wonderful about opening up their home during this time, and even spent a night or two in their tent in their own backyard so guests could sleep in their house! Duane and I also took up residence in our tent in the backyard. I only slept there one night, as I decided it'd be nice to have a bed, shower, and full access to a mirror the night before the wedding...so I slept at my dear cousin's house :) Thanks Mel and Dan!!
The wedding went off without a hitch, and it was lovely!
I was able to spend some extra time in Calgary visiting with friends and family, as well as visiting our church family there. I love it when I have the chance to do that. Makes my heart happy. Oh how I miss WSFMC!!
I headed home Sunday evening, and awaited the arrival of the family down to our corner of the province. We had a great time with the family here, and the weather was wonderful! We were able to do a long hike up at Island Lake with them as well as a visit to a park during an evening walk.
It was great to see everyone again! See you at Christmas!
Here are a few collages I made up of our time together.

Pre-wedding playtime with Auntie Karyn
The ceremony at the Naturbahn Tea House at Canada Olympic Park

Rachel hangs out with Uncle Duane & Auntie Karyn

Ridgemont Park
There's one more collage, but for some reason, it won't load from Picasa. It's got all the shots from Island Lake. I guess I'll just have to make another post so I can add it :)

~K~
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: