CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

...And a Seed Was Planted...

Well, there hasn't been much to post about lately, but I feel badly for not posting. I think I decided to post today because the last time I posted I wrote about my first cookbook dinner, and tonight I'm making my second! I plan on making a chili that is supposed to go in a bread bowl(which would be yummy), but I don't have bread bowls...I didn't buy any, and it's kind of a last-minute decision to make this tonight. I planned on making a nice dinner for Duane's birthday tomorrow, but I've decided on something else for that instead, and am cooking this tonight instead. I wouldn't want to mess up dinner on his birthday, and for some reason there may be more pressure tomorrow as opposed to tonight. So tonight it is!
Today was spent running birthday errands. It was brother-in-law Joe's birthday two weeks ago, and Duane and I have been slow at sending his birthday gift/card to Saskatchewan...so that needed to be done. I also went shopping for Duane's gift. Thing is, that boy kept ruining everything I planned on getting for him by making suggestions all the time!! Grrr! Every suggestion he made happened to be something I planned on getting him! Now I guess he'll just have to wait and see what I picked out of his "list" of suggestions.
I've also spent time looking for work online today. I really need to find a new job soon so we can start saving for our new house! I don't know who of you who read this blog knows about our impending move. Duane and I are planning a move to Salmon Arm, BC in the near future. We are very excited about this and how it will affect our future! We hope to buy a house right away, but we may have to rent as housing isn't necessarily in our mortgage budget at this time....that is, unless I find work here, temporarily, that pays more and is full time. We also need to talk to our landlords to find out what their plans are for this property, and whether they will be upping the rent at the end of our lease, or if we can stay on another 6 months. We hope to move to Salmon Arm somewhere in the range of 6 months to a year, but possibly sooner if the rent here is going up out of our price range. We'll just have to wait and see!
We are heading to Salmon Arm this coming long weekend for a vacation with Kevan and Leah before work commences in September, and plan to look at a house or two while we are there...I am very excited and have been slightly obsessed with looking at houses online in the last few weeks!
All of this because a seed was planted when I was in Abbotsford in July...hanging out with Stacey, Carene, and Dave...and it was half-jokingly suggested that we all move to Salmon Arm so we can all live near each other again.
What a great seed to plant...even greater that it is coming to fruition!

1 comments:

Stacey said...

Weeeee! 2 1/2 years baby! I will meet y'all up there! :)