CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 18, 2006

The Best Sloppy Joes Ever!

Wow...they were the best?! He told me they were really good...but the best...sweet! I even forgot to drain the grease off the meat after I fried it...EWW! *LOL* They were pretty good though.
Here's the recipe if anyone cares:(from a dear family friend we call Grandma Hazel)

Cook 1 1/2 lbs. of ground beef with a chopped onion, 1 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper until meat is brown. Don't forget to drain the grease!
With a fork, blend in 3 tbsp. flour. Add 1/2 tsp. worchestershire sauce, 1 cup ketchup and 1 1/2 cups of water. Simmer and stir for 20 minutes.
Serve over dinner buns(or hamburger buns...whatever works!)

And tonight, I plan on trying something new...cooking out of a cookbook! YIKES!! All these cookbooks expect me to have things like coriander, sherry or water chestnuts sitting around the house! Oh yeah, and a lot of the recipes ask for oyster sauce...what the?? Gross. I'll fill you in on how dinner turned out!
I also really need to post about our recent mountain hike...where we met a friendly little fellow we fondly call "Tripod".

1 comments:

Karyn Clemens said...

I think the fact that the greasy goodness was left in the mix made them the best sloppy joe's ever. I would theorize that food gets proportionally better relative to the amount of "bad" things that are in it. Good example...Turkey skin! Mmmm...Karyn, let's have a turkey tonight!