CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 18, 2006

I'm Turning Into A Wimp

Well, it's been a long couple days as Wednesday evening I was at the doctor and he suggested I get some blood work done. It was about 6pm and when I was finished there he told me I needed to fast for 12 hours and then go in Thursday morning to get my blood drawn. Well, I was pretty hungry already so decided to eat and then fast and get the blood work done in the evening on Thursday. So Karyn made me the best sloppy joe's ever and then I fasted...and I fasted...and I fasted. For those of you who know me, I'm the type of person who likes (and needs) to eat or else I get tired and cranky. Well, it was a long day at work yesterday and by the time I got home it had been over 12 hours since my last meal. On the way to get the blood work done I was reading the back of the form and it said fasting for a minimum of 12 hours and a maximum of 16 hours...I was going on 17.5 hours so when I did get to the lab we basically went right back home because it was too long. All that fasting for nothing!

This morning I went back in for the blood work by myself. I got the blood drawn and right as the "nurse" took the needle out I felt flushed. This happened when I watched Karyn get blood drawn a couple months ago. I was fine until I saw her blood squirt into the vile and then I had the same reaction. That time I went for a walk to get water myself and that was a really bad idea. This time I told the nurse that I'd need about a minute or two and kindly asked her to go get me a cup of water...and then another cup of water! Two minutes later I was just fine and dandy.

I had a revelation when I got home. Usually at night I have trouble falling asleep. When I had my blood drawn all I wanted to do was sleep. Connect the dots here people...I should get a vile of blood drawn every night just before I go to sleep and then I'll have a nice peaceful rest without having to lay there for 20-30 minutes before I konk out! Perfect!

Anyway, that's my story. I hope none of you think me less of a man!

D

0 comments: