CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Friday's Ridiculous Traffic

Well, my morning on Friday was bad enough, but the rest of the day probably couldn't have gotten much worse! I won't go into it, otherwise it'll turn into a rant...I won't subject anyone to my frustration. It was just a bad day from the get-go. I will mention that there was a fatal car accident(involving 3 vehicles, one being a semi trailer)right at the end of my day, but thank goodness, not in the direction I was travelling. That particular accident closed down the Deerfoot(Hwy 2) from Beddington Trail(northbound) all the way to at least 32nd Ave., but traffic was backed up all the way down into the sound end of town! Because of this accident and the closure of the highway, ALL the main arteries in town were bumper to bumper traffic filled with frustrated drivers wanting to get home. Anyone driving to Airdrie was screwed. I was SO glad Leah wasn't going home to Airdrie after work, but was coming to our house to head to the Crowsnest Pass right away. She wouldn't have been a happy camper. Which leads me to the next point. Once Jenna and Kevan showed up(coming FROM Airdrie, thank goodness) at our house, it took us ONE HOUR to get from our driveway to Deerfoot Trail!!! It's a FIVE MINUTE trip! It was the dumbest thing ever. Needless to say, we were late getting into the Pass to meet up with Aaron and Megan, and then we had to set up camp in the dark. Boo that.
Well, lunch is ready...I shall go chow on good ol' Mac n' Cheese! YUM!

~K~

0 comments: