CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 08, 2006

Whew, what a morning!

What's so ridiculous about it(my morning, that is) is that I actually woke up early (still after 2 hits of the snooze button, mind you) and had a shower!! WHAT? Yeah, I don't do such things. Waking up early and all that. Boo. Friends have recently told me that waking up in the morning is SO much easier if they shower to start the day. I was skeptical. I think I needed to have a cold shower...maybe that would've woken me up. But, alas, I had a scorching shower as per norm, and it really didn't expediate my waking process. In fact, I wanted to turn around and go back to bed! That may have also had something to do with the fact that it was before 6:30 in the freakin' morning! Yuck. Duane was sure surprised last night when I said I was waking up to shower...he was skeptical. His comment was, "you're going to be late for work"...and he said it so matter-of-factly. I told him to have faith. And I made it...I think I was even early! I had to skip breakfast though.
My first run of the morning went well enough. I asked my driver, Jan, if she had heard anything else after I got off the bus at the end of the day yesterday, about an incident involving the police on a bus. We had been able to only hear one side of the dispatch transaction. But we knew it was a "code blue", which means police need to be called, and the dispatcher was asking the driver to calm down, asking whether they needed an ambulance, etc. My morbid curiosity was piqued, however I was also quite annoyed that I couldn't hear the other side of the conversation. So Jan and I tried to make stuff up instead. It ended up that there was some kind of altercation between a couple students. I don't know if there was a weapon involved, and an "altercation" could really mean any number of things. There were also 3 schools on lock-down yesterday afternoon as a result of shootings. I don't know that anyone was injured, but that's just crazy! Then this morning, there was another incident involving a parent on a bus. Parents are NOT allowed on our busses, and this parent was apparently irate. She wouldn't let the driver and attendant drive away because she was upset with how they had secured her child's wheelchair. So the driver had to call dispatch to correct the problem. Again, we could only hear the dispatcher's side of the conversation, but we heard him talking to the parent. The parent still wouldn't get off the bus. I think all ended well after the parent was given permission to point out how she'd prefer the chair to be strapped in. I didn't hear anything about it after that, but the police were almost called, as it is illegal for parents to prevent a driver from continuing the run...or to be on the bus in the first place. Jan and I just laughed. Some parents are too protective.
Anyway...that was my morning...and that was all before 9:30! Now to head off to Handi-Bus.

0 comments: