CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Those Stupid Things We Do...

It's interesting how we do stupid things on a whim and we don't want to back out of our zany ideas when we're half way through them...

Last night we had Kevan and Leah over for dinner at about 7pm and ate taco salad. It was delicious. After we were planning on going mini-golfing but unfortunately we couldn't find a place in Calgary (other than Shanks Bar) that has indoor mini-golf, and it was WAY too cold outside to go to an outdoor place. Karyn and I had been shopping yesterday and picked up a few new movies, three of which happened to be the Matrix Trilogy. Well, Kevan and Leah saw them and it was suggested (I don't know who actually suggested it) that we make a crazy movie night and watch all three of them. Well, it was 8pm and we sat down and started watching them...all curled up on the middle couch with coffee in hand.

As the night went on and it got later, and later, and later, we kept watching. The more Neo learned how to use his "powers" in the Matrix, the more tired we got. Karyn was the least interested of all of us and after the 2nd one she went to lay down on the other couch. I think at one point in the evening she also left for about 5-10 minutes to go look at houses online. Sometimes she's like a little kid and you can't keep her attention for more than 15 minutes.

We finished up the trilogy at about 2:45am. Everyone was thoroughly exhausted and we questioned why again, at 8pm, watching all three seemed like a good idea. I think it will be a LONG time before we decide to do something as stupid as stay up until the wee hours of the morning watching movies again...until we decide to either watch the Lord of the Rings Trilogy (extended version) or if we're feeling really brave, the entire series of Star Wars. Ugh...it makes me cringe just thinking about it!

D

3 comments:

~kevan~ said...

Hey, there is a very fine line between stupidity and staying young. I am not sure if we crossed it yesterday, but what the heck - I sure had fun! Although, I think it might be a little while before I am feeling up to watching another movie...

Karyn Clemens said...

I resent that remark! You can certainly keep me entertained for more than 15 minutes if it's something I'm actually interested in! I don't think I was even really given the option to say no to last night's idea! And I worried what you'd do to me if I fell asleep...so I had to get up and do something to keep myself awake!

Unknown said...

Dorks,

Aaron