CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Kayaking the Broughton Archipelago

Does anyone know how to put pictures on this thing in any way OTHER than one at a time, all in a row?? ARG! I'm getting SO bored with it! I've seen people's blogs with fun collage-type mix, or whatever, and I'm sure Duane knows how. Thing is, I can ask him, but he rarely ever has time to help me. I have SO many pictures to post, but I'd have to make multiple blogs to fit them all in.
Anyway...for now, I'll post my favorites. Here are a few from the kayaking trip around the Broughton Archipelago north of Vancouver Island. We had loads of fun and TONS of relaxation! We got up stinkin' early every morning, though, and NOT being a morning person made that extremely irritating(just ask Duane), but we got to our new campsites early in the day(like, before lunch), so I was able to nap in the afternoon(if I wasn't too itchy..after Day 4...see last picture). Ok, that was a huge run-on sentence, but you get the idea. We got up early, paddled a couple hours, got to the new campsite, set up tents, etc, napped, ate lunch, napped, played cards/read, ate dinner, played cards/read, went to bed. Pretty much every day was exactly like that. I think we all handled it pretty well! ;) We came back refreshed, tanned, toned, and rather proud of ourselves(especially after blasting through the Blackney Passage and across the Johnstone Straight)...two of our most dreaded moments, which were handled with strength and sheer determination. The currents were strong and the whirlpools were avoided, thank goodness!Our first night's meal consisted of gigantic, delicously seasoned, fire grilled STEAKS!! Boy, were they GOOD! Aside from the fact that we didn't have plates, forks or steak knives, we did pretty well by eating off our paddles! :)


Ok, so this picture of my nasty leg isn't a favorite, but I had to post it to show everyone what my bee sting looked like on the last day. Not nearly as painful or welted as it was when I got stung on Day 4!! At this point, though(and every day after day 4), it was EXTREMELY itchy! I don't think I've ever been so itchy in my entire life. Sleeping didn't really happen during the night...so getting up at 5:30-6 every morning afterwards was slightly unbearable.
Anywhodoodle...that's that! I've got all my pictures also posted on Facebook, so if you have an account and you're my "friend", you might want to take a look there too!

~K~

0 comments: