CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Snow...yeah...Snow

Alright...so I've come to understand that weather in Calgary is rather odd. I'm sure I realized this years ago, but I don't think I've ever said it. This has come about because it snowed last night. Yep, October 24th...2 months from Christmas! I suppose that's not quite as odd as snowing at the end of April(which has happened), but still. It came rather unexpectedly only because it was 20 degrees earlier in the day!! It felt like summer! I had come home from work at the end of the day to super windy weather, but it wasn't cold wind; it was still pretty nice out. I had a nap when I got home, and at some point it started raining and eventually turned into snow around 11PM when I actually noticed it. I went outside and took pictures to document...even though it was super dark. I also took some photos on my bus this morning. The roads were safe this morning, no residual snow, but it was still around on the trees and grass!


The car, before it was almost completely covered by this morning!

Our front yard

My flowerpots...thank goodness the flowers were already dead!


The sights on my bus this morning

That's how Calgary's looking right about now!! Surprise!!

~K~

2 comments:

~kevan~ said...

What really made it odd was the fact that it was 22 C earlier in the day! I walked to school in a t-shirt and was still uncomfortably hot by the time I got there!

Anonymous said...

OK. So. Jealous. I don't even have words. I wish it would snow here! Then again - I hear that when it does snow out here - the city basically shuts down. But still - just some fluffy flakes? I love snow! You can send me yours anytime!