CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A Few More Pics To Make Friends Jealous...

Actually, that would be mean...but I do so enjoy posting pictures for all y'all to drool over :)

These were taken last week when Duane and I were about to leave town for Calgary...the sun was rising over the mountains and it was just so pretty!

The 3 Sisters
Mt. HosmerWe arrived in Calgary around lunch time and ran a few errands while we waited for Sherri to be dropped off. After spending a couple hours cleaning and then eating dinner in our very empty house on folding chairs, Sherri arrived and we gladly left our place to head up to Airdrie to stay the night at Kevan and Leah's condo...however, theirs is about as empty as ours...just less echo-y 'cause they have carpet! Sherri and I sat around on the floor and looked at pictures and scrapbooks and chatted. We both recently had our hair cut and it turned out to be a very similar style!!I took this picture last night after we lit a fire in the fireplace. Our living room looks just like a cozy mountain home should look, I think! However, we are still missing photos on the walls...We now have a couple new additions to our cozy home; Kevan and Leah's cats joined us this past weekend. Ivy is on the left and Hermione is on the right. I quite enjoy having pets around again!
I took this picture last week when the first snow fell...and this is essentially all we can see when the snow is falling...the mountains disappear behind the clouds.
I'll continue to post pictures here as I take them! Today Leah and I went for an hour long hike through our backyard up into the trail system...it was kind of surreal to me that this is going to be "the norm" now! No planning hikes in advance and packing a day pack for our hikes...just off into the hills whenever we want! I'm pretty sure I'll be okay with that once the reality sinks in :)

~K~

2 comments:

Woosters said...

Awww that picture of you and Sherri is so cute! That's so funny that you both got similar hair cuts! :o) I love the picture of the cozy fireplace room too! Looks very inviting :o)

Paige said...

Well you are making me jealous! What a view to look at everyday... try not to be too homesick, it will get better, it just takes time!