CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 16, 2009

Grandpa's Service

Here are a couple shots I took last week at the service. I didn't take too many pictures...my mind wasn't really on such things :) I wished I had taken a picture of the neato toolbox that grandpa made WAY back in the day that was displayed at the funeral home, but I forgot.
The service was wonderful, a good mix of happy and sad. And it was musical. Music is always good. My mom and my uncle did a great job of walking us through grandpa's life as a farmboy, farmer, carpenter, contractor and father and grandfather. I even learned a few things I didn't know before!
I'll have good reason to take many, many pictures with family in a few weeks when my dear cousin, Melanie, gets MARRIED!! YAY! I had wanted to get pictures with the cousins last week as well, but didn't. I was able to remember to get a sister picture after the funeral, as well as a picture of the toolbox containing the spray that went on top of the casket. It was wonderfully done, but a lot of the tools were hidden in the back or covered by greenery. Great idea though!


~K~

0 comments: