CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Pictures from San Jose

As some of you already know, from reading Karyn's blog, I'm currently in San Jose as part of a trip for a library conference and a deployment at a library. It's been a long trip thus far and it's only been 3 days!

I left the house Thursday morning at about 4:15am and arrived in San Francisco at about 9:00am. From there I drove to San Jose and immediately went to work setting up an internet cafe for the PLA Spring Symposium. During the course of the day I ended up working about 14 hours and was exhausted by the end. Yesterday and today I was at the conference tending the internet cafe and networking with librarians starting at 7am. Yesterday I had to stay until 6pm, today I was done the internet cafe at 12:30 and then spent about an hour and a half tearing down and packing. By about 2:00pm I was done for the day and had a chance to go explore San Jose.

This city certainly offers a number of neat buildings to photograph. I was especially impressed by their City Hall as it has a glass dome surrounded by metal bars (see below). I really liked shooting reflections of buildings in windows and had some neat perspectives from those.


Tomorrow (today now I guess!) I'm off to Benicia to do my system installation and hopefully I'll have a chance to take some pictures there as well.

D

3 comments:

Karyn Clemens said...

Hi honey! Nice pictures!! I'm glad you added one with you in it :)
Don't forget Amazing Race tonight..9pm here, so probably 8 there. I'll tape it regardless.

~K~

David said...

Very nice photos, Duane. You are an excellent photographer. If you get a chance to get up to San Francisco, I can't wait to see your photos of the bay and the Golden Gate. There's also some very scenic spots up in Muir Woods National Park, just north of San Fran, with some very neat redwood forests. And if you're headed south, go to Monterey. It's so pretty.

I've also noticed that you travel quite a bit. If you aren't already an elite member of an airline, I'd be happy to answer any questions/make some recommendations for you. I'm enjoying my platinum status on American Airlines right now. If you travel a lot, platinum is your best friend.

L&D said...

You really can take some beautiful photos.