CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Our Weekend in the Mountains


Duane and I went along with Kevan, Leah and Marcel this weekend to check out a supposed "ice cave" out in Kananaskis. Marcel has been back in Canada for holidays for a month...he lives in Liberia and works as a project manager there. Anyway, Duane had checked out this hike online, and said it was only supposed to be a 4 hour hike return...with kids...hmm...that meant a LOT less time with 5 adults. We all met out in Bragg Creek at 10:30, and after taking a wrong turn and driving all the way up to a different trailhead, we started out on our hike just before noon. After doing Cleft Cave last year, this one was significantly smaller and a much shorter trip, but it was still neat to see!
Here are my pictures. Duane has the group shots from the trip, and I'm sure I can get him to put them on here at some point. Oh, and the whole "ice cave" thing...not so much. Our destination...not a very long hike! On the way up We got to the mouth of the cave, and then sat down for some lunch

The view from the mouth of the caveThe mouth of the cave from the insideDuane and I in the back of the caveDuane silhouetted at the mouth of the caveThe neat fossil rocks Leah and I foundThe leaf I found while recuperating after falling off a wall I tried to climb up...stupid roots that broke!

~K~

0 comments: