CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Post #1 - Baseball, Paintball, and Korean BBQ

I haven't, yet, finished editing all my pictures but since I said I'd blog, I figured I'd better keep my word. I'll post with the pictures I've finished :)
Two weekends ago, Duane and I headed to Dalum with Kevan and Leah to celebrate Megan and Paula's birthdays. The entire day was spent being extremely active, and we all went home pretty sore! As soon as we arrived we joined Jenna, Leigh, Aaron and Megan who were already there playing baseball. A good couple hours was spent in the warm sunshine playing...it was quite satisfying! I sure can't complain about baseball and sun! Once the game was over and we decided it was time for food, a few of us stayed behind for a few extra pitches and to play catch. It didn't last long for me because, unfortunately, I went to catch Duane's pitch ('cause I didn't like it) and caught the ball all wrong with my thumb. Or should I say my thumb got in the way! In the end, nurse Megan figured it was probably sprained and since then, has been every color of the rainbow! It hasn't fully healed, and I'm not sure it will since I went and used a mower and a rake for 3 or 4 days afterwards without really giving it a chance to heal. Oops. I also didn't ice it and after we were done eating food, we went and paintballed for a few hours!! I was skeptical as to whether it was a good idea at all, but Megan and Aaron had rented all the gear in Lethbridge and brought it with them, and I really wanted to try it! So I did. It was FUN!! We played a few different strategy games in the hills on a piece of farmland until we decided it was time to head in for more food.
After we had eaten there was a debate as to whether anyone wanted to go back and have another short paintball game, but we decided against it and used up the last of the ammunition on target practice in the backyard :) What a riot! Leah and Megan and Kevan and Aaron donned the coveralls once again and ran back and forth across the yard, all the while being pelted at close range with the remainder of the paintballs!That was Saturday. Fun, huh? :)

Sunday was far more mellow. Dave and Carene came into town on their way through to the southern USA for their anniversary! Yay! Sunday night was spent with them, as well as Carolyn and Vlad eating Korean BBQ, eating strawberries and ice cream, and playing Things in a Box. I am TERRIBLE at that game! Oh well, it was fun anyway! What's ridiculous is that I didn't even get a group shot!! When have I EVER forgotten to get a friend picture when I spend time with them?? The only thing I really did take pictures of was all the food on our table at the restaurant! haa haa...I love food!
That's about it for now. The next post will be from last weekend which included my handsome little man Ty's first birthday party! What fun!

~K~

0 comments: