CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 04, 2008

Gentleman

I went for a walk with my grandpa the other night, as I do most times when I visit, and each time I notice how he lets me speak if I have interrupted accidentally, lets me go ahead if there's a narrowing in the pathway, if there's a small gateway to pass through or if bushes have overgrown the sidewalk. If I ask him what he'd like to do (be it a game, having a snack, going for a walk), his answer is always "whatever you'd like to do". It's never about him even when I mean it to be. He wants to make sure I'm happy, even though at this point he doesn't remember who I am.
I will always remember him as a true gentleman. Caring, considerate, and gentle. That's my grandpa.

~K~

1 comments:

Stacey said...

Alzheimer's is a terrible disease. It is nice that your Grandpa still enjoys spending time with you, even if he may not know who you are all the time. What a gentleman he is :)